Being-Digital June 10th: what are the hot topics in location?
I’m moderating the location stream at the Being-Digital conference in London on June 10th and I was wondering what readers of London Calling see as the hot issues in location.
Here are some initial thoughts – and I’d welcome any comments below
- What value do consumers place on location?
- Can location information be viewed as inventory?
- Is there more value in knowing what TV channel you watched last night or your location now?
- Is there value in knowing who you are in the same location with?
- Is there value in knowing where you have been in the past or locations you visit regularly?
- Will “buddy finder” type services actually take of if the technology and price is right?
- Will mobile social networking be the catalyst to finally drive the update in LBS services?
- Is GPS ready for prime time?
- Do you need GPS accuracy for all applications or will cell-ID do?
- Who do you trust to maintain and provide your location service: Google or the operators?