MEF Global 2011 and MEF CEO Summit in London 6th & 7th July
MEF calls the expanding mobile ecosystem to congregate in London on July 6 & 7 for 2 days of insights, networking and celebration
‘MEF Global 2011: Mobile Content & Commerce’ event launched
MEF CEO Summit & Ruby Wax-hosted annual Meffys set new bar for industry’s top
mobile content and commerce players
April 21, 2011, London – MEF, the global trade association for the mobile media industry, today announced the launch of ‘MEF Global 2011: Mobile Content & Commerce’ as part of two days of annual events for its members and the growing mobile ecosystem. The new event, together with the MEF CEO Summit and the Meffys, will provide a critical two days of knowledge-sharing and business development for the existing players and new verticals which will make mobile the ultimate platform for consumer engagement and monetisation.
MEF Executive Director, Rimma Perelmuter, commented: “We are excited to launch MEF Global 2011: Mobile Content & Commerce, a new format for our annual event, bringing together newer entrants to mobile with leaders from the $36 billion mobile content business. Building on MEF’s 10-year heritage in delivering world-class industry events, these two days will provide exceptional value for companies focused on the huge opportunity around mobile. Together with established MEF brands including the MEF CEO Summit and the Meffys, this essential two day gathering will facilitate focused deal-making and industry-shaping discussion for influencers from the worlds of brands, content, finance, mobility, retail and technology.”
- The second annual MEF CEO Summit will take place at the breathtaking Altitude 360 venue, at the top of Millbank Tower. This exclusive, invite-only event for the business leaders of the MEF membership was a resounding success in 2010, with stimulus presentations from distinguished industry visionaries, including the Vodafone founder, Symbian co-founder and Jefferies Bank MD.
- MEF will launch its new one-day event for the global mobile content and commerce industries. MEF Global 2011: Mobile Content & Commerce will utilise a unique ‘un-conference’ format to facilitate focused deal-making and industry-shaping debate, as follows:
– ‘Lightning presentations’ from leading representatives from each of the industry verticals will set the scene for addressing the key themes of the day, including: choosing your route to market; exploring payment models & billing portfolio; privacy & security fundamentals; creating opportunities for social commerce; the centrality of mobile to a multi-platform strategy; and leveraging unique mobile characteristics to drive consumer engagement
– ‘Interactive Breakout Sessions’ involving all attendees will ensure key industry opportunities and pain points are tackled.
- The day will conclude with industry celebration of the most successful and innovative companies at the 8th annual Meffys Awards, the industry’s most coveted awards, honouring innovation and achievements across mobile content and commerce. This year, the glamorous ceremony and gala dinner will be hosted by international TV personality, comedienne & author Ruby Wax.
For further information on these three events, please visit the following websites:
Notes to editors:
MEF is the global trade body of the mobile media industry. It represents the leading companies throughout the entire mobile entertainment value chain, and works on behalf of its diverse membership to facilitate industry growth, shape regulation and deliver competitive advantage to its members.
With headquarters in London and regional chapters covering Asia, EMEA, LATAM and North America, MEF is a member community with global reach, vibrant local representation and strong leadership to drive market change. Established in 2000, MEF provides a consistent and powerful voice for the foremost mobile media businesses and entrepreneurs.
About the MEF CEO Summit
Now in its second year, the MEF CEO Summit is an exclusive, invite-only event which provides an opportunity to discuss, in private, the corporate interests and dynamics of all the leading companies in the mobile content and commerce industry. The event is attended by the CEOs of the world’s leading companies from the MEF membership. The MEF CEO Summit features a small number of leading visionaries who act as stimulus speakers, with the majority of the event providing an open forum to discuss and debate these critical issues. The event operates behind closed doors and, with no press presence, discussions are completely open, with nothing attributable. The MEF CEO Summit 2011 takes place at Altitude 360, at the top of Millbank Tower on Wednesday Jul y 6.
About MEF Global 2011: Mobile Content & Commerce
A new event, produced exclusively by MEF, to address the revenue models and monetisation opportunities for the expanding mobile ecosystem and to bring together the newer industry entrants with those from the $36bn mobile media industry. MEF Global 2011 will employ an innovative event format to encourage open dialogue, consisting of lightning presentations and interactive breakout sessions. These sessions, addressing specific themes, are conducted by facilitators from each of the industry verticals with the aim of helping all attendees refine their mobile strategy and address key opportunities and pain points. The event is a full day conference which will take place at the Grand Connaught Rooms on Thursday July 7.
The most established & coveted global awards in the mobile media industry. As the industry’s official benchmark for measuring success and rewarding innovation, the Meffys honour the most influential players from around the world. Over the years, the industry’s most coveted awards have recognised the global brands, dynamic start-ups and visionary individuals who have helped shape the mobile entertainment & media industry. Judged by expert panels of independent journalists, analysts, academics and VCs, the Meffys provide innovators with an unrivalled opportunity to be considered for the industry’s top accolades. The 8th annual Meffys awards take place from 7pm at the Grand Connaught Rooms on Thursday July 7.
Morgan Evans Hotwire
email@example.com / 020 7608 2500
Rebecca Honeyman Hotwire
firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7608 2500